When it comes to packing up and moving out, you have to ensure that you’re doing things right. While a move is not the smoothest thing out there, and it can be quite stressful, you want to be happy with the outcome when it comes down to it. Through the right packing tips, you can make the move a bit less stressful.
- Instead of buying a lot of bubble wrap, find towels and clothes that can be used to wrap up the breakable items that you’re packing.
- Make sure to clearly label and close all of the boxes that you’re packing, and when labeling, put which rooms they go in. Always label the breakables as fragile.
- Make sure to evenly place the boxes and build them up in an area where they are easily accessible for moving purposes.
- Pack up smaller items together, and then put them in areas of importance if you’re moving over a course of a few days. You want to move the least important items to the home, or most important depending on where you’re going to be staying for this time.
- Roll your clothes up, and then pack them together tightly. This will save you space when trying to fit everything in the box together.
- Create a packing checklist to make packing go much smoother than if you were to not pack everything up. You want to make sure that you do not leave anything behind, and that certain items are packed together.
- Pack a box for the first night that you’re going to be staying at the new place. You want to make sure that you can access all of the important items that you might need such as personal care items, toilet paper, cooking items and some food and blankets and pillows. Throw in a couple of games for good measure.